Manager of Philanthropy, United Way Lower Mainland
UNITED WAY OF THE LOWER MAINLAND
United Way serves the needs of our local community, igniting the desire in everyone to improve this community we call home. We call this “local love.” When we show our local love, vulnerable people find support, isolated people find connection, and our communities will be great for everyone. Across Metro Vancouver and from the Sea to Sky corridor to the Fraser Valley, we help make our community better.
The Manager of Philanthropy generates strategic prospect and donor relationships at the major gifts level ($10K+) to maximize revenue generation. Managers of Philanthropy are expected to identify and cultivate long-term philanthropic relationships. A Manager of Philanthropy works in partnership with senior management, staff and volunteers to maximize support from United Way's top donors and prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a portfolio of prospective and current relationships with measurable outcomes for activities
- Generates significant revenue annually in partnership with internal and external stakeholders
- Develops customized strategies and plans to identify, cultivate, engage, solicit and steward donors and prospects within the portfolio
- Attends Face to Face visits with major donors and prospects alone and/or in combination with other strategic partners such as senior staff or management
- Implements strategy for projects to generate gifts for priority initiatives with input and assistance from other United Way staff; prepare other correspondences as required
- Presents solicitation proposals to potential donors
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits planned gift prospects and stewards know planned gift donors
- Manages and supervises the implementation of appropriate donor recognition strategies, policies and procedures for accounts within the portfolio
- Records account activity in relationship management system to facilitate open communication and team based fundraising
- Works collaboratively with the resource development team to promote UW as the charity of choice
- Attends UW and public events to identify, cultivate and steward relationships as appropriate
- Adheres to ambitious timelines
- Perform other duties related to the qualifications and requirements of the job
- Post-secondary degree; specialization in fundraising, business administration, marketing, public relations or communications preferred. A combination of experience/education will be considered.
- Six years of related experience with a minimum of two years direct major fundraising experience with proven expertise in portfolio management and face to face solicitations.
- Proven track record of identifying, soliciting & securing major gift with senior level volunteers.
- Must provide their own vehicle and possess a valid BC DL or have appropriate alternate methods for meeting the mobility requirements of the position.
United Way of the Lower Mainland offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including 22 days of vacation; a one-week winter holiday closure; and a defined benefit pension.
We will be conducting rolling interviews for two positions. Please apply before May 13 using the link below.