Manager, Individual Giving, Arts Umbrella
Arts Umbrella is where young artists ages 2–22 cultivate their creativity in Dance, Theatre, and
Visual Arts. As a non-profit organization for arts education, we believe that art is powerful.
Powerful enough to change kids’ lives in incredible ways. When young people connect with the
arts, they gain self-confidence, develop self-discipline, and discover creative expression—things
they carry with them for life. Arts Umbrella has four locations in Vancouver and Surrey, as well as
donor-funded programs at schools, community centres, neighbourhood houses, and healthcare
facilities across Metro Vancouver. We reach close to 21,000 students every year, with nearly
80% participating at little to no cost.
Now celebrating its 40th year, Arts Umbrella will be moving into the South Building of the former
Emily Carr University of Art + Design on Granville Island in late 2019. This exceptional
opportunity will allow Arts Umbrella to further our vision for a better world where all young lives
are inspired to pursue a lifelong journey towards self-expression, compassion, and humanity. It
is our mission to be Canada’s leader in arts education for young people; to build community and
deliver profound life experiences through our commitment to innovation, excellence, and
inclusivity. Arts Umbrella is an organization full of heart, where self-expression and creativity are
valued and nurtured.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Development and Building Campaign, the Manager, Individual Giving is responsible for providing program implementation and coordination to capital campaign-related fundraising programs, including the Parent Campaign and Alumni Campaign, and will act as a critical member of the overall Capital Campaign.
- Work with the Senior Director, Development, and key Arts Umbrella staff to research, develop and execute parent and alumni giving and engagement programs.
- Responsible for ensuring alumni and parent programs are highly efficient, effective, ethical, and well leveraged.
- Ensures the appropriate donor recognition, acknowledgement and stewardship programs are in place.
- Oversee volunteer committees, including recruitment, orientation and management as the main Arts Umbrella contact; attend all meetings and provide support, as required.
- Prepares donor/prospect fundraising proposals for donor presentations.
- Work with Marketing to ensure alignment of external messaging with fund development strategies.
- Participates in annual planning, budgeting and goal setting.
- Actively involved in the capital campaign.
- Supports the Senior Director in other duties that contribute to the successful operation of the department.
- Collaborates effectively with Arts Umbrella faculty, administration, and staff to maximize results.
Our Manager, Individual Giving has the proven ability to multi-task successfully in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of attention to detail, superb organizational skills and the following must have qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience.
- Proven experience cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in fundraising, or the capacity to learn.
- Experience in alumni and parent giving and engagement campaigns is an asset.
- Experience in working with volunteer leaders and managing volunteer committees.
- Superior interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to represent the organization’s mission and interests to a diverse group of people.
- Excellent user of office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and donor databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and monitor priorities, remain flexible, meet deadlines, while working in a fast-paced environment.
Arts Umbrella offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Please apply by May 13 using the link below.