Philanthropy Officer, Community, BC Children's Hospital Foundation
What we do
At BC Children’s Hospital Foundation, we’re on a quest to ensure every kid in the province receives the best health care imaginable. As a fundraising organization, we inspire communities and people to support BC Children’s Hospital, along with its world-class research institute, mental health facility and rehabilitation centre.
Our work makes a profound difference. From helping get the boldest research ideas off the ground to supporting the most advanced equipment, together we are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in children’s health care. This is no small task—which is why we’re looking for passionate people to join our team and help propel our mission forward.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Director, Community and working as a member of the Philanthropy team, you will develop strategic plans, financial goals, and timelines based on analysis and research of internal and external activities as they pertain to the South Asian community. As the Philanthropy Officer, you will be responsible for key donor and account strategies, donor development and marketing within this unique and diverse ethnic community.
More specially, as the Philanthropy Officer you will:
- Develop strategies for and carry-out business development to build an existing fundraising program including cold calls, relationship building and stewardship of key donors.
- Strategically recruit and work closely with senior volunteer leaders within the community to assist with the assigned portfolio.
- Plan, organize and execute annual fundraising campaigns.
- Develop and execute tailored strategies such as: fundraising plan development; proposal and stewardship report preparation; making person-to-person donor contact; conducting tours of hospital/health centre facilities; arranging meetings between prospects/donors and senior leaders of BCCHF and/or the hospital/health centre.
- Assume primary responsibility for the overall fundraising success of a designated portfolio of corporate and individual donor accounts in order to renew and upgrade these accounts and cultivate new prospects.
- Be responsible for management of junior fundraising staff and/or administrative staff.
We believe that anything is possible. And that permeates every action we take. As a team, we push ourselves to constantly aim higher in our work. We try new things and challenge the status quo. We respect each other and act from a place of compassion in everything we do.
While we take our work seriously, we’re also big on taking care of our team. We offer perks like a nine-day fortnight schedule and flexible hours, topnotch health and dental benefits, and a commitment to professional development.
We think it’s a pretty amazing place. Others agree—we’re proud to say that we’ve been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for nine years in a row.
Seem like the right place for you? Join us and help kids shine. Apply today!
What you bring
You possess exceptional business development skills, gained through either direct fundraising or sales experience. You are a leader with exceptional communication, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills which enable you to analyze, plan, initiate and complete projects in a timely basis. Your proven success in building and maintaining donor and volunteer relationships and ability to work as a team player are critical to the role. Your proven ability to negotiate, inspire and foster a positive, collaborative work environment makes you an ideal candidate for this role.
In addition, you will have:
- A Diploma or Degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- Five years of directly related fundraising and/or business development and relationship management experience.
- Previous experience working with and/or knowledge of, South Asian community is an asset.
- The ability to speak Punjabi is considered an asset
- People management experience.
- Experience working with volunteer committees.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Raiser’s Edge 7 or other database experience is an asset.
- CFRE designation is an asset.
- Class 5 BC driver’s license and access to reliable transportation to attend a variety of donor meetings and/or off-site events.
- A flexible schedule that allows for after-hours events and meetings.
BCCHF offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.