Director, Marketing & Communications, Corpus Christi & St. Mark's Colleges
“The Community of St. Mark’s, which includes St. Mark’s College, Corpus Christi College, and St. Mark’s Parish, is the Catholic centre at UBC. St. Mark’s College educates undergraduate and graduate students through a theological lens, preparing them to become leaders in Catholic schools, healthcare, and social services. It also prepares the academic formation for men preparing to serve as permanent deacons in the Archdiocese of Vancouver. Corpus Christi College provides students with the good undergraduate start that develops the individual student’s potential and enables success today and beyond. Our offerings are unique, imbued with Catholic values, while complementary to UBC.”
The mandate of the Office of Marketing & Communications Services is to create and actively manage a comprehensive Marketing & Communications program in support of both St. Mark’s College and Corpus Christi College (“the Colleges”).
The primary activities of the Office include implementing and managing strategies that support student recruitment, internal communications, external relations, and fundraising.
As a member of the senior management team, the Director will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders to develop and lead the ‘hands-on’ implementation and ongoing execution of marketing and communications activities that meet goals and objectives established for target constituent groups.
The Director, Marketing and Communications will report to the President and Principal of the Colleges and work collaboratively with other members of the senior management team.
Expectations and Responsibilities:
In developing and executing the Marketing & Communications Services plan for the Colleges, the Director is responsible for, but not limited to the following:
- Strategic Planning
- Participate in developing overall strategic plans and the associated policies and procedures of the Colleges
- Leading the development of strategic plans, guidelines and operating procedures for all communications and marketing activities, including the digital and online presence on college and external websites and social media
- Communications Management
- Develop and manage all aspects and applications of approved institutional branding and visual identity
- Develop and manage ongoing Media Relations plans and act as the primary media contact and spokesperson; advise senior management team on all media and communications opportunities and potential risks, including issues and crisis communication management requirements
- Develop an ongoing communication plan for the Colleges
- Develop content, policies, and procedures for Colleges’ website and social media platforms
- Implement the communication plan, policies and procedures for Colleges’ website and social media and provide necessary assistance in implementing these
- Participate in other campus wide events as appropriate
- Marketing Management
- Responsible for designing to distribution of all communications collateral, including brochures, newsletters, print, and online advertising and fundraising/development materials, of student recruitment
- Plan and execute institutional events, promotional campaigns, and institutional community relations program based on the priorities outlined in the marketing and communications plan
- Prioritize and assist in collaborating and planning communication collateral, execution of events, and promotional campaigns in other internal departments
- Manage costs and responsibilities associated with outsourced marketing and communications services
- Financial Management
- Develop and manage department budget for institutional communications and marketing
- Assist other internal departments to develop marketing and publications budgets and exercise control over costs of publications and other approved requests being managed on their behalf
- A Bachelor’s degree is required preferably in Marketing or related field
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in post-secondary education or related marketing and communications environment; or equivalent combination of training and relevant experience in roles requiring high levels of judgment, discretion and confidentiality
- Demonstrated exceptional time management and organizational skills, with ability to multi-task and be flexible and adaptable working independently or as part of a team
- Demonstrated expertise in both oral and written communications and presentation skills; demonstrated advanced knowledge and understanding of graphic design, advertising, and current social media platforms
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in media relations, community relations, event planning and internal communications
- Commitment to forwarding the missions and visions of St. Mark’s College and Corpus Christi College
Corpus Christi College and St. Mark's College offer a competitive compensation and benefit package.