Executive Director, Louis Brier Jewish Aged Foundation (LBF)
The Foundation seeks an energetic and dynamic Executive Director who will work closely with the Board of the Louis Brier Jewish Aged Foundation (LBF), the Louis Brier Home and Hospital, and current and potential donors to grow the Foundation and realize its mission. The Foundation supports the Louis Brier Home and Hospital and the Weinberg Residence - the only Jewish care facilities in British Columbia providing superior long-term care and assisted living in a culturally sensitive milieu.
As Executive Director, reporting to the Board of Directors of the Louis Brier Jewish Aged Foundation, you will guide and grow the Foundation and all of its revenue generating programs. You have a proven track record of fundraising and management and are a creative out-of-the-box thinker capable of taking the Foundation to the next level. You will develop a high-level fundraising strategy and ensure its successful implementation. You will work to renew and grow support from individuals, corporations, public/private foundations and other donors. You will also liaise with the Louis Brier Home and Hospital and the Weinberg Residence with regard to the funding of certain operations and capital expenditures by the Foundation to these agencies and maintain/enhance the relationship between the Foundation and these agencies.
You are a self-starter who shares a deep commitment to the organization's core mission and you have a full appreciation of the Jewish faith, culture and heritage. You are a hands-on executive with experience overseeing a range of fundraising methods from major gifts, planned giving, direct marketing and corporate solicitation. You are comfortable interacting with and soliciting donors at all levels. You possess excellent communication skills, including superb writing and the ability to build relationships and garner institutional support from a wide variety of stakeholders and partners. You are also organized and disciplined to support the Foundation in properly disbursing funds to the Louis Brier Home and Hospital and the Weinberg Residence as well as negotiating such disbursements, monitoring such disbursements and reporting to the Board with regard to such disbursements. You also understand the accounting and reporting of restricted versus unrestricted funds and special purpose endowments.
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to Louis Brier Jewish Aged Foundation’s mission with proven leadership, fundraising and relationship-management experience.
Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Minimally an undergraduate degree is preferred
- Five years senior management experience, ideally within a not-for-profit organization
- Well-honed cultivation and solicitation skills, especially with major donors and foundations
- Past success working with a Board of Directors, with the ability to cultivate Board member relationships
- Strong marketing and public relations experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable and innovative approach to revenue development
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven and self-directed
- A working knowledge of the Jewish community within Metro Vancouver
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills and an ability to multi-task
- Comfort and familiarity with Raiser's Edge
- Understand basic accounting and reporting for non-profits, restricted/unrestricted funds and special purpose endowments
LBF offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!