Director of Advancement, Faculty of Science, Simon Fraser University
Reporting to the Executive Director, University Campaigns and the Dean, Faculty of Science, the Director, Advancement is responsible for the development of strategies and programs for capital and major gifts fundraising and the direction and management of all fundraising and sponsorship activity within the Faculty of Science to maximize public and private support for the faculty. The Director provides leadership to staff and volunteers to ensure the effective implementation of all programs and appropriate donor recognition and stewardship for Faculty donors.
- Bachelor's degree or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Six years of related fundraising experience which includes experience in strategic and communication planning, project management, major gift fundraising, marketing, donor relations/stewardship, and working with executives, senior level staff and volunteers.
- Excellent communication (oral, written and presentation) skills.
- Proven ability to independently set and accomplish goals and establish priorities with minimal direction.
- Good knowledge of the Freedom of Information Protection of Privacy legislation.
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and interpersonal skills including hiring, training, directing and motivating staff and volunteers.
- Excellent project management and strategic and communication program planning and evaluation skills.
- Excellent organizational ability and ability to work on a number of different initiatives concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and successfully solicit prospects and volunteers for fundraising or service activities.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment exercising mature judgment and a high level of diplomacy and discretion.
- Understanding of and respect for the values and culture of a university environment.
- Competent working with computer-based records systems, using word processing and database applications, conducting basic research and statistical/data analysis.
- Good financial management and administration skills.
- Valid driver's license and access to a motor vehicle.
Simon Fraser University offers a competitive salary and benefit package including extended health and dental, four weeks of vacation to start, a defined benefit pension (100% employer contribution), and tuition waivers.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!