Senior Development Officer, British Columbia Institue of Technology
It's an exciting time to join our Advancement team at BCIT. The Institute is at a transformational time in its history and together with the BCIT Foundation, is preparing to undertake a significant project that will inspire and elevate teaching and learning for the next 50 years. At BCIT, we strive to remain at the forefront of innovation and technology as the destination for applied learning and research innovation, and a dynamic community of discovery and interaction. Students are at the core of our mission and we are committed to preparing tomorrow's leaders and innovators to solve complex problems and make a difference locally and globally. Our Advancement Division is a strategic partner in this mission and we are seeking a skilled and thoughtful fundraising professional to join our growing team to raise funds and increase engagement in support of students.
The BCIT Foundation is hiring a regular, full-time Senior Development Officer to manage major and leadership fundraising for innovative programs, projects and campaigns. Under the direction of the Executive Director, BCIT Foundation, you will work closely with Deans, faculty members, senior administrators, and the Development team, to identify fundraising projects that support the BCIT Foundation's goals and align with Institute priorities. With ultimate responsibility for the development of strategic major gifts fundraising plans, you are an accomplished major gift fundraiser with demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with prospects, donors and colleagues that result in securing internal and external financial and gift in kind support for priority projects.
You will be responsible for cultivating new relationships and nurturing industry partnership development by identifying and executing opportunities for major gifts and donations. Elements of this position include developing major gifts proposals/cases from concept to completion, securing major gifts and developing strategic fund development plans that turn ideas into results. If you enjoy a multi-faceted, fast paced, collaborative and strategic work environment, please apply.
At British Columbia Institute of Technology, we strive to create a vibrant and diverse community, characterized by collaboration, creativity and an unwavering commitment to excellence. Our core mission is to educate students for a life of fulfillment and accomplishment and to create and translate knowledge to meet global and societal needs. We seek accomplished faculty and staff to help us advance this mission.
- Three to five years Major Gifts fundraising experience including work with volunteer committees.
- Bachelor's degree or Diploma of Technology with courses preferably in fundraising, planned giving, marketing and public relations.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Familiarity with donated instruments and tax regulations.
- Proven ability to write and produce print and electronic communications and marketing material.
- Strong positive history of working independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with using the Internet as a research and marketing tool.
- Team player, excelling in interpersonal skills, with a positive and energetic approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Must have excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide variety of community and government agencies and corporations.
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire staff, volunteers and donors.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of Microsoft Office, database management and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.