Director of Philanthropy, Villa Cathay Care Home
Villa Cathay Care Home (VCCH) is a centre of culturally sensitive, senior care in Vancouver. They provide the highest level of professional care in a warm, comfortable atmosphere that their seniors can call home with connections to families and a sense of community.
The Director of Philanthropy reports to the Executive Director and leads the fundraising team in executing the strategic plan and vision of Villa Cathay. The ideal candidate is personable, easy going and has demonstrated leadership qualities with past teams. This position is responsible for managing and leading all aspects of the current Capital Campaign, the largest-ever fundraising initiative undertaken by VCCH. They will lead a small team of staff and senior volunteers and report to the Executive Director.
Leading the development team, including a Development Officer and senior volunteers, in the completion of a $5 million capital campaign and rejuvenation project, to be completed by 2020.
- Superior interpersonal and management skills with demonstrated success as a leader and fundraiser.
- Excellent focus and organizational skills.
- A minimum of five years' experience in major gifts fundraising.
- A postgraduate degree in a related field combined with training in fundraising preferred.
- Cantonese and/or Mandarin language skills an asset.
VCCH offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including four weeks of vacation to start, an extended health and dental plan as well as a pension plan.