Gift Planning Officer, Alzheimer Society of British Columbia
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of people who are affected by Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia? Our dynamic, dedicated fundraising professionals raise funds to sustain essential programs and services, and we’re expanding our team to support the urgent need in communities throughout the province.
There are approximately 70,000 British Columbians living with dementia – and this number is growing. For every person living with dementia, there are many more who are affected: family, friends, co-workers and more. Your work will help us connect with more British Columbians to provide the education and support they need when they are on the dementia journey and reassure them they are not alone. Your work will help us raise awareness, challenge stigma and pursue our vision of a dementia-friendly B.C. – a kinder, more inclusive and supportive place for people who are affected by dementia.
The Alzheimer Society of B.C. is honoured to receive legacy gifts; if you are someone who has experience in gift planning or in the financial sector as an Advisor/Trust Officer, and who shares this same respect of legacy donors, we would love to hear from you.
As part of the Resource Development team, the Gift Planning Officer will report to the Manager, Resource Development and will build and manage ongoing relationships with legacy donors in order to achieve the long-term fundraising goals of the planned giving portfolio.
- In consultation with colleagues, the Gift Planning Officer will identify prospects, develop cultivation and solicitation strategies, complete solicitations and close legacy gifts.
- Manage a portfolio of legacy donors and qualified gift planning prospects.
- Provide legacy giving options to donors.
- Ensure appropriate stewardship of gift planning donors.
- Estate administration, including correspondence with executors and solicitors, management of estate files and maintaining estate activity records.
- Identify and communicate with financial advisors and estate lawyers in order to promote the Society’s gift planning program.
- Work with other team members to incorporate planned giving as a key component of the Society’s strategic fundraising plan.
- Participate in speaking engagements and planned giving seminars.
- Offers educational opportunities and materials regarding planned giving to fellow staff and prospects/donors.
- Assist in the creation of marketing and communication materials for the planned giving program.
- Generate Planned Giving reporting to share with management.
- Knowledge of estate planning, including wills, trusts and estate and gift tax laws.
- In-depth experience with financial planning, charitable trusts, life insurance and knowledge of stock rules and non-profit legal requirements related to gifts.
- Sound knowledge of CRA guidelines pertaining to charitable giving.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Ability to interact with prospective and current legacy donors with skill, tact, discretion and compassion.
- In-depth experience with the principles of effective donor cultivation and solicitation.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel for Windows.
- Experience working in a donor database (preferably Raiser’s Edge), or a willingness to learn.
- Able to lead, work in a team setting, and work independently.
- Demonstrated comfort level in researching and analyzing large groups of data to uncover planned giving prospects.
- Previous knowledge of dementia is an asset.
- Positive attitude and ability to work the occasional evening or weekend are essential.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!