Giving Specialist, Asian Region, Vancouver Art Gallery
Reporting to the Director of Development and the Adjunct Director IAA, the Giving Specialist, Asian Region provides leadership in the coordination and solicitation of annual major gifts and other forms of support from Asian Communities for the Vancouver Art Gallery and the Institute of Asian Art therein.
The Giving Specialist, Asian Region manages relationships with approximately 50 prospective and current major donors and is expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, and when appropriate, solicit and steward these very important supporters of the Gallery
As determined by the larger development strategy and focusing on a set of pre-approved fundraising priorities, the position offers prospect strategy counsel to the Gallery Director and Director of Development to meet annual fundraising goals.
The position provides a full range of writing services for the Gallery Director, Adjunct Director, IAA, and Director of Development, including the preparation of proposals for prospects, recognition pieces, thank you letters, social media postings, interviews, and interim and final reports in both English and Mandarin.
The Giving Specialist, Asian Region provides support to the Associate Director of Engagement & Strategic Initiatives for planning, implementation and evaluation of annual engagement programs for Asian Communities.
In compliance with the Protection of Information and Privacy Act, the position identifies and researches new Asian prospects and works closely with the Gallery Director and Director of Development in the solicitation of contributions.
In addition, the Giving Specialist, Asian Region:
- Is a resource for Gallery staff, from identifying potential connections to keeping staff informed about external Asian Community events, activities, media announcements, sentiments and social media postings.
- Monitors all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations.
- Participates in IAA fundraising committee meetings, especially with IAA Development Committees, to facilitate peer to peer fundraising strategy discussions, provide coordination of activities and support to Gallery staff and volunteers.
- Assists with the communication of and logistical and administrative elements for IAA and Gallery events, including annual IAA Gala and Symposium and attends special events as required.
- Performs data entry work to update and revise donor records on the Raiser's Edge database in accordance with the policies and procedures for consistent data handling for development purposes as required.
- Represents the Gallery with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- These duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Vancouver Art Gallery offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.