Development Manager, Special Events, Vancouver Art Gallery
The Development Manager, Special Events is responsible for the planning and execution of all donor and fundraising events at the Vancouver Art Gallery. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager, Special Events plans, develops, and executes fundraising and cultivation strategies for the Gallery’s donor events that realize over $1.0 million in annual revenue.
- Maximise revenue for the Vancouver Art Gallery from its fundraising events.
- Plan and execute all special events organized by the Development department. Actively identify new prospects and strategies for soliciting funds.
- Lead the committee of volunteers to assist in fundraising efforts.
- Manage and train teams of event staff.
- Manage financial technologies and processes related to fundraising events.
- Work within development office to ensure coordinated solicitation efforts.
- Develop annual budgets and goals for special events and maintain forecasts of progress towards annual goals for special events.
- Oversee execution of guest related logistics, including invites, RSVPs, collection of contact details and required event information, seating, etc.
- Oversee organization and execution of all event revenue generation, such as raffles, draws, and auctions, and related permits, prizes, and fulfilment.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to develop materials needed to support special events.
- Manage financial technologies and payment collection processes related to fundraising events Ensure that all special event donor benefits are properly coordinated leading up to, during, and post event.
- Create, write, and manage correspondence, proposals, scripts, contracts, and reports. Represent the Gallery with a high level of integrity and professionalism.
- These duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in Arts Administration & Cultural Management, Project Management, Special Events Planning, or Fundraising preferred.
- Three or more years’ experience in special event fundraising, sponsorships, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Position requires a self-motivated individual with demonstrated ability to provide leadership for event committees and Gallery staff.
- Interest in and ability to identify new donors and interact with individual and corporate supporters.
- Strategic planner and thinker, creative and flexible problem solver, and highly organized.
- Independent self-starter with negotiation skills and high initiative.
- Excellent, persuasive communication and writing skills.
- Able to respect and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Familiarity with CRM systems such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin, or Punjabi an asset, but not required.
- Consideration given to previous fundraising experience in the arts and an appreciation of the visual arts.
- Available to work evenings and weekends as dictated by event schedules.
Please apply by Friday, August 30, using the link below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Vancouver Art Gallery is committed to inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility in reflecting and respecting the local and international community it serves.
Vancouver Art Gallery offers a competitive compensation and benefita package.