Annual Giving Manager, Vancouver Art Gallery
The Vancouver Art Gallery seeks a creative and entrepreneurial individual to plan, execute, and manage an annual fund strategy and program for the Patron’s program and other annual donors. This position is responsible for managing an ambitious program to increase acquisition, improve renewal rates, implement innovative donor stewardship, and increase overall annual giving revenue.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the successful candidate will be a proactive, data-driven individual responsible for growing the Patron Program, the gallery’s largest annual giving program with fees ranging from $3,000 to $10,000. This group of art supporters are interested in greater and more rewarding participation with the Gallery and enjoy a range of curator-led programs including exhibition walkthroughs, in-depth looks at the permanent collection, studio and collection visits, and gallery talks. The Manager of Annual Giving is responsible for the full spectrum of the Patron program, and ensures that it effectively meets team and division goals while fully serving its supporters. The Annual Giving Manager will manage a portfolio of prospects and conduct visits to recruit new members and develop a robust pipeline for the Gallery’s major donor and planned giving programs.
As a key member of the Development team, he/she will be responsible for meeting annual fundraising targets, ensuring best practices in all development portfolios and a sound stewardship perspective in all initiatives.
- Oversees the overall growth strategy and program for the annual donors and Patrons’ Program.
- Interacts with Membership, Major Gifts, and Communications and Marketing to move individuals through the donor pipeline and grow existing revenue.
- Holds a portfolio of 100+ members/donors with one on one relationships.
- Works closely with a committee of volunteers to grow membership, plan programs and reach revenue goals.
- Initiates and establishes new acquisition and upgrade strategies based on research, trends, and opportunities with peer institutions.
- Ensures that existing benefit program for supporters is appropriate stewardship for their giving level.
- Organizes programming and events, approximately 7-12 events per year.
- Helps administer membership renewals and gift acknowledgements, engages in donor services; fulfills all promised membership benefits; helps create e-communications and event invitations, calendars.
- Assists in setting and meeting revenue goals and budget expenses, including planning and tracking; assists in identifying donors with major gift potential from within the Patrons’ program.
- Keeps abreast of art world current events to relate to donors’ interests.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience in managing a direct appeal, revenue generating program.
- Ability to plan and execute annual giving strategy.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure to meet multiple competing deadlines.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who can work collaboratively across the department and institution.
- Availability to work nights and weekends as needed for events or deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills. High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; Experience with Raiser’s Edge database strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong sense of fundraising ethics and respect for confidentiality of donor information.
The qualified candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Art History or related field; 3-5 years of experience with non-profit fundraising preferably in a membership based organization; experience using Raiser’s Edge.
Please apply by Friday, August 30, using the link below. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those short-listed will be contacted.
Vancouver Art Gallery is committed to inclusivity, diversity, equity, and accessibility in reflecting and respecting the local and international community it serves.
Vancouver Art Gallery offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.