Revenue Development Manager, Saskatoon, Arthritis Society
A career at the Arthritis Society is more than just a job. It’s an opportunity to use your talents to make a difference in the lives of people affected by arthritis. Our new strategic plan, Accelerating Impact, conveys a vision for growth as we work to meet the needs of increasing numbers of people (six million Canadians of all ages) impacted by this devastating disease. In addition to work that has a positive impact, you will be joining an organization that embraces innovation and is committed to being a great place to work. We are an energizing corporate culture, constantly learning, rigorously measuring our work, and building on our achievements to reach more people nationwide. Our people are essential to this success and we will empower you to be successful in your role. The Arthritis Society is proud to be accredited under Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
Revenue Development Manager
Prairie/Nunavut/NWT Region | Location: Saskatoon
Reporting to the Director of Development for the Prairie/Nunavut/NWT Region, and working closely with the regional revenue development team, the Revenue Development Manager will be responsible for implementing and managing effective fundraising strategies and initiatives throughout Saskatoon and its surrounding areas.
The three (3) key areas of focus for this role will be individual giving, building our mid-level giving portfolio and special events.
Main accountabilities will include:
- As a passionate and driven fundraiser, developing prospect pipelines for leadership gifts, planned giving, corporation and service clubs.
- In consultation with the Director of Development, creating cultivation strategies and preparing both solicitation grants and proposals.
- Developing the business plan for Saskatoon and surrounding areas with a view to the 2-3 year strategy, in consultation with and approval of the Director of Development, and in collaboration with the nationwide teams driving revenue streams to achieve the overall goals.
- Developing strong and authentic foundation opportunities and corporate partnerships with key stakeholders on behalf of the organization, based on alignment with our cause and exceptional customer service.
- Securing sponsorships to support our mission and special events, such as our annual Walk for Arthritis.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with donors and volunteers including visits, announcements, invitations and information exchanges.
- Creating, managing and maintaining documentation related to donor meetings and requests.
- Supporting regional and national revenue development activities, as required.
Required Skills & Experience:
The successful candidate will hold a degree in business studies, fundraising, event planning or a relevant discipline with a minimum of four (4) years of related experience gained from a fast-paced university, hospital or non-profit environment. Strong project management skills, exceptional attention to detail and a creative flair when it comes to event planning are a must. The ideal candidate will possess excellent relationship management, communication and interpersonal skills, with a positive, pro-active “can do” attitude. He/she will have a demonstrated passion for fundraising, event planning and making a real difference in the lives of people with arthritis. Excellent Microsoft Office skills are a must, with Raiser’s Edge experience an asset.
We are proud to be an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce, and welcome and encourage applications from qualified and talented candidates who embrace our core values. We focus on recruiting for both talent and alignment with our core values, and look for candidates who are interested in growth, learning and encourage new and smarter ways of working.
The Arthritis Society has enlisted the support of Gerard Search in the recruitment of this position. If you are interested in, and qualified for, this exciting opportunity, please submit your application via https://www.gerardsearch.com/searches.html by July 29, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their expression of interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
You are encouraged to visit our official careers site at www.arthritis.ca/careers where you can view all our current job opportunities across Canada and learn more about why you should join our team!
The Arthritis Society offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.