Associate Director of Advancement, St. George's School
The Associate Director of Advancement reports to the Director of Advancement and will assist with the day-to-day leadership and direction of the Advancement department. The Associate Director will work collaboratively with the Director of Advancement in creating a strong culture of philanthropy at St. George's School.
This position is responsible for personally building meaningful relationships with major donors, and securing gifts at a ‘major gift’ level. The Associate Director of Advancement will also help to ensure that all Advancement team members are building and developing their own relationships and networks resulting in financial support and strong connections to the School. This person identifies potential donors and works with other key stakeholders to ensure that donations are secured at the highest level to meet agreed School fundraising goals and priorities.
Supports the fulfillment of fundraising goals annually in support of agreed priorities, which may include capital campaign, endowment giving, annual giving programs and planned giving programs. This individual embodies the following core competencies: empathy, integrity, humility, respect, responsibility, and resilience.
Responsibilities will include:
- In support to the Director of Advancement, have day-to-day supervision for all advancement programs and ensure the Advancement team members are achieving their goals and objectives within their own portfolios (fundraising, alumni relations, donor stewardship, communications and archives).
- Solicit major gifts personally.
- Prepare written proposals and materials to support his or her own fundraising efforts, as well as other materials for communications, reports and campaigns.
- Ensures the Advancement team members remain on target and accomplish their annual goals. Provides direction and support to the Advancement team members to assist in their professional development and growth.
- Works closely with members of the St. George’s community in relation to any fundraising and promotional work, including recruitment and development of ‘ambassadors’ for St. George’s School.
- Helps to ensure due diligence around the protection of the School’s charitable status and ethical fundraising guidelines.
- Supports the administrative policies and procedures of the Advancement Office to ensure they remain at the highest standards including timely letters of thanks and accurate tax receipting for donations, the active use of the Raiser’s Edge database and the generation of reports for use by the Director of Advancement, the Headmaster and the Board.
- Respect the School’s privacy in all matters relating to the Advancement Office.
- University degree; CFRE qualification preferred.
- Experience working in an academic institution and/or not for profit is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and ability to mentor and motivate others in meeting advancement objectives; minimum 5 years’ experience.
- 5+ years of experience and demonstrated record of success raising funds at a major gift level is considered a key asset.
- Excellent presentation skills and writing ability.
- Strong communication and marketing experience that enables individual to support an existing strong Communications department.
- Makes public appearances and presentations to various groups in the St. George’s community.
- In collaboration with the Director of Advancement, works jointly with other departments in the School to develop fundraising strategies.
- Developed competencies in the area of impact and influence through relationship building and networking.
- Strong organizational ability, creativity and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to be innovative and think outside the box regarding creative strategies to engage prospective donors and supporters for the School.
- Superior EQ skills in self-awareness, self-management, social agility, empathy, impact and influence, mastery of purpose and vision.
St. George's School offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.