Development Officer, Donor Relations, Alzheimer Society of British Columbia
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of people who are affected by Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia? Our dynamic, dedicated fundraising professionals raise funds to sustain essential programs and services, and we’re expanding our team to support the urgent need in communities throughout the province.
As part of the Resource Development team, the Development Officer, Donor Relations will report to the Manager, Donor Information Services and will plan, develop and implement a comprehensive donor relations plan to assist the Society in reaching its fundraising targets.
- Lead the implementation of donor stewardship and recognition activities for each of the Society’s donor programs.
- Develop, implement and lead a successful and integrated donor relations program that strategically targets all levels of giving as defined by the Resource Development team.
- Foster an environment that ensures donors understand the cause they are contributing funds to and establishes trust that their funds will be spent according to their wishes.
- Oversee a diverse portfolio that includes stewardship reporting, donor correspondence, leading the Society’s donor recognition event planning and other donor-centered activity coordination.
- Participate in a culture of collaboration, working with team members across the Resource Development department as well across the provincial organization.
- Maintain accurate records of donor relations and stewardship activities in Raiser’s Edge to enhance relationships and increase the likelihood of continued contributions.
- Participate in organization and fundraising events to steward donors.
- Organize and maintain accurate, professional and current files and records, including Raiser’s Edge actions and reports.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field with 3 to 5 years of experience in fundraising and donor relations.
- Experience working in the charitable sector.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders and interact with donors with skill, tact, discretion and compassion.
- Experience with the principles of effective donor stewardship.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills, with a high degree of initiative, are key to success.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel for Windows, and relevant donor database expertise (preferably Raiser’s Edge).
- Sound knowledge of CRA guidelines pertaining to charitable giving.
- Able to lead, work in a team setting, and work independently.
- Previous knowledge of dementia is an asset.
- Positive attitude and ability to work the occasional evening or weekend are essential.