Development Officer, Leadership Giving, Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation
The Development Officer, Leadership Giving manages a major gift portfolio of assigned donors and prospects. Plans, develops and implements strategies for identification, cultivation and solicitation of individual or corporate donors and partners at the $10-25K level. Develops strategies for building personal relationships with existing and new prospects. Develops proposals and negotiates with corporate executives and representatives for major gift giving. Collaborates with the Royal Columbian Hospital Foundation (RCHF) Team by contributing to the development of solicitation strategies and key marketing and fundraising communication tools. Reports to the Chief Development Officer.
KEY AREAS OF INVOLVEMENT INCLUDE:
- Manages an individual or corporate major gift donor portfolio of donors and prospects.
- Plans, develops and implements strategies for identification, cultivation and solicitation of individual or corporate donors and partners at the $10-25K level. With a primary focus on donors with potential to make six figure gifts.
- Develops a strategic pipeline of engagement, focusing on building personal relationships through face-to-face encounters with existing and new donors and prospects ensuring long-term goals are set, monitored and evaluated.
- Develops proposals and negotiates with corporate executives and representatives for major gift giving.
- Oversees and provides support for individual major gift donor stewardship activities. • Provides opportunities for donors to engage in the work of RCH and enhance the organization’s donor centered culture.
- Supports, engages and provides leadership to volunteers in fund development activities as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the RCHF Team by contributing to the development of solicitation strategies for donors and future prospects to maximize stewardship opportunities and advance the relationship towards a next gift; works closely with the Communications Team in the development of key marketing and fundraising communication tools.
- Ensures all moves management activities are recorded in Raiser’s Edge accurately and in a timely manner, to ensure quality and consistency within the database
University degree plus five (5) years' recent experience in major gift fundraising, including extensive work with volunteer committees, marketing and public relations.
Completion of CFRE designation and experience with MS Office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook and working knowledge of Raiser's Edge would be an asset.
Valid BC driver's license and possession of a personal vehicle required.
Self Awareness: Is aware of own assumptions, values, principles, strengths and limitations.
Manages Self: Takes responsibility for own performance and health.
Develops Self: Actively seeks opportunities and challenges for personal learning, character building and growth.
Demonstrates Character: Models qualities such as honesty, integrity, resilience and confidence.
Fosters the Development of Others: Supports and challenges others to achieve professional and personal goals.
Contributes to the Creation of a Healthy Organization: Creates an engaging environment where others have meaningful opportunities and the resources to fulfill their expected responsibilities.
Communicates Effectively: Listens well. Encourages open exchange of information and ideas using appropriate communication media.
Builds Effective Teams: Facilitates an environment of collaboration and cooperation to achieve results.
Sets Direction: Inspires vision. Identifies, establishes and communicates clear and meaningful expectations and outcomes.
Strategically Aligns Decisions with Vision, Values and Evidence: Integrates organizational mission, values and reliable, valid evidence to make decisions.
Takes Action to Implement Decisions: Acts in a manner consistent with the organizational values to yield effective, efficient public-centered service. Demonstrates business acumen by efficiently and effectively identifying and managing human, capital, financial and information resources.
Assesses and Evaluates Results: Measures and evaluates outcomes. Holds self and others accountable for results achieved against benchmarks. Corrects course as appropriate.
Builds Partnerships and Networks to Create Results: Creates connections, trust and shared meaning with individuals and groups.
Demonstrates a Commitment to Customers and Service: Facilitates collaboration, cooperation and coalitions among diverse groups and perspectives to improve service.
Mobilizes Knowledge: Employs methods to gather intelligence. Encourages open exchange of information. Uses quality evidence to influence action across the system. Navigates Socio-Political Environment: Is politically astute. Negotiates through conflict. Mobilizes support.
Demonstrates Systems/Critical Thinking: Thinks analytically and conceptually; questions and challenges the status quo to identify issues, solve problems and design and implement effective processes across systems and stakeholders.
Encourages and Supports Innovation: Creates a climate of continuous improvement and creativity aimed at systematic change. Strategically Oriented to the Future: Scans the environment for ideas, best practices and emerging trends that will shape the system.
Champions and Orchestrates Change: Actively contributes to change processes that improve health service delivery.
Ability to absorb high volumes of sometimes highly technical material and translate it for staff and donors. Proven ability to motivate and manage volunteers Proficient computer skills Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
RCHF offers a competitive benefits package.
Please apply by September 4th using the link below.