Manager, Resource Development, Alzheimer Society of British Columbia
Are you passionate about making a real difference in the lives of people who are affected by Alzheimer’s disease or another dementia? Our dynamic, dedicated fundraising professionals raise funds to sustain essential programs and services, support research, and create awareness through education and advocacy.
There are approximately 70,000 British Columbians living with dementia – and this number is growing. For every person living with dementia, there are many more who are affected: family, friends, co-workers and more. Your work will help us connect with more British Columbians to provide the education and support they need when they are on the dementia journey and reassure them they are not alone. Your work will help us raise awareness, challenge stigma and pursue our vision of a dementia-friendly B.C. – a kinder, more inclusive and supportive place for people who are affected by dementia.
We’re looking for an experienced Manager to lead a dynamic events team to new heights through our signature events, including the Investors Group Walk for Alzheimer’s, Breakfast to Remember, Climb for Alzheimer’s, and Coffee Break. This role works collaboratively with the Resource Development management team and across all organization departments to ensure fundraising targets are met.
- Works with Director, Resource Development to set organizational targets, department budgets, develop and implement the strategic business plan to achieve the fund raising goals of the Society.
- Responsible for the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of the assigned portfolio.
- Supervises and provides leadership and mentorship to the team.
- Responsible for management, engagement and communication with key fundraising volunteers and committees.
- Oversees Sponsorship, including identification, activation, stewardship and reporting.
- Develops and manages the fundraising events expense budgets.
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with appropriate external sources and represents the Society as required.
- Develops, cultivates and solicits through on-going relationships with key donors, volunteers and prospects.
- Other duties as required to meet the needs of the role in relation to organizational goals.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience managing fundraising events for a registered charity.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team and working with a diverse group of volunteers.
- Ability to successfully organize, multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Excellent oral, written, analytical, project management and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge.
- Demonstrated flexibility, collaborative approach, and sense of humor.
- Previous knowledge of Alzheimer's disease and/or related dementias is an asset.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to interact with prospective and current donors, volunteers and external stakeholders with skill, tact, discretion and compassion.
The Alzheimer Society of B.C. offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and a flexible work schedule that includes the option of a 9-day fortnight.